6mm Cable Lockout
Part No.: CB01-6
adjustable steel 6mm dia. cable lockout
Pvc coated cable lockout
Lockout cables provide solutions for locking out gate valves, handles and other oversized devices. Many of these devices work by simply squeezing the handle to tighten the cable and then inserting the padlock to secure and hold the cable in place. They are available in sheathed metal cable or non-conductive nylon cable. Lockout cables come in a variety of sizes and have superior chemical, corrosion and temperature resistant properties.
a).Made of industrial resin body with clear plastic insulation coated multi-stranded steel cable.
b).Accept up to 4 padlocks for multiple lockout application.
c).Tough, flexible multi-stranded steel cable is insulated with a clear plastic coating.
d).Equipped with 2m galvanized steel cable. Cable length can be customized.
Equipped with 4mm-diameter cable, length 2m
Equipped with 6mm-diameter cable, length 2m
Belt conveyor mistakenly open injury
The accident history
On April 6, 2012, inspection of raw coal conveyor conveyor belt excuse open, immediately inform the operator of the belt down for maintenance, but due to time is compact, power was not on the belt conveyor, maintenance of the belt directly, in the process of maintenance, control of the operator from listening to the wrong equipment number, driving the belt, causing injuries.
The cause of the accident
1. Improper operation by maintenance personnel.
2. Failure to carry out maintenance according to equipment maintenance procedures.
3. The central control staff starts up the machine without checking the equipment number
Enlightenment and corrective measures:
Strengthen business skills training, skilled operation procedures, strengthen safety supervision.
When is the safety lock used?
Safety locks are generally used when they are close to the equipment for repair or maintenance to prevent accidents from causing injuries.
When is a safety lock used?
Common occasions the following occasions, be sure to use a safety lock:
1. In case of sudden startup of the equipment, a safety lock should be used to lock and hang the tag
2. To prevent the sudden release of residual power, it is better to use a safety lock to lock:
3. Safety locks should be used when it is necessary to remove or pass through protective devices or other safety devices
4. Scope of work that should be locked when a part of the body may be caught by the machine:
5. Power maintenance personnel should use safety locks on circuit breakers when carrying out circuit maintenance
6. Machine maintenance personnel shall use safety locks on the machine switch buttons when cleaning or lubricating the machine with running parts
When troubleshooting mechanical problems, maintenance personnel should use safety locks for mechanical start-up devices. The occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) recommends that all businesses provide safety locks for their employees. Within the workplace, it is the responsibility of the enterprise to track the system chosen for use. Safety locks are not a means of extinguishing power and can only be used when the power source is isolated.