At about 10:25 a.m. on July 1, a repairman of a science and technology park in Shenzhen was found to be dealing with a circuit trip fault. When the circuit of the exhaust fan in the ceiling was examined and repaired, it was electrocuted. The repairman died after being sent to the hospital.
Preliminary analysis of the cause of the accident: when the operator is wiring the ceiling exhaust fan circuit, his hand touches the wire or the metal part of the wire cutting tool, his body is attached to the ceiling keel, and the current flows in from his hand and is exported from other parts of his body, causing an electric shock accident.
At about 11:30 PM on July 20, a worker of a decoration company in Shenzhen city got an electric shock when he was pulling a wire casing on the ceiling. After 120 on-site rescue efforts, he died.
Preliminary analysis of the cause of the accident: when workers climbed into the ceiling for work, the metal pipe of fire wires was cut off and the insulation layer of the wire made the metal pipe of fire wires live. Workers' hands touched the metal pipe and other parts of their bodies touched the metal parts to form an electric shock circuit, leading to the accident.
At around 16:00 on July 31, a worker in a parking lot decoration project in a residential area in Shenzhen was suddenly electrocuted and injured while doing wiring work in the ceiling. After 120 on-site rescue efforts, he died.
Preliminary analysis of the cause of the accident: the operator's hand encountered copper wire during wiring, and the electricity flowed through the hands and flowed out from the metal members in the ceiling that the body touched, leading to electric shock accident.
Precautions for electric shock accidents during ceiling operation
Working with certificate: Ceiling internal wiring operation belongs to special operation, and valid special operation operation certificate (electrician certificate) is required to work.
Adequate lighting: Ensure adequate lighting, safe voltage lighting lamps can be installed in the ceiling working area.
Hidden trouble detection: arrange a hidden trouble detection of electricity in the ceiling before the operation, focusing on the location of vibration friction wires, sharp metal edges and corners of wires, and wires that are easy to be gnawed by rats.
Ensure power off: power off operation shall be taken during wiring operation, without special approval, it is strictly prohibited to carry out live work without permission. Before the operation, the power lines in the ceiling must be completely cut off, and the power boxes should be Lockout tagout.
First check the electricity: when the operator carries on the wiring operation in the ceiling, must prior the electricity to work.
Operation monitoring: Personnel monitoring shall be carried out during cross operation to prevent the power line switch from being switched on in case of poor communication.
Set leakage protection: the ceiling that often needs maintenance should be set leakage protection switch in its electric circuit, in order to further ensure the safety of operating personnel.