Safety locks are generally used for maintenance or maintenance of equipment close to the equipment, to prevent emergencies will lead to injury and use.
When is a safety lock used?
Common occasions the following occasions, be sure to use a safety lock:
1. In case of sudden startup of the device, a safety lock should be used to lockout and hang the tag
2. To prevent the sudden release of residual power, it is better to use a safety lock:
3. Use safety locks when it is necessary to remove or pass through protective devices or other safety devices
4. Scope of work that should be locked when a part of the body is likely to be caught by the machine:
5. Power maintenance personnel should use safety locks on circuit breakers when conducting circuit maintenance
6. When cleaning or lubricating the machine with running parts, the machine maintenance personnel should use safety locks on the machine switch buttons
When troubleshooting mechanical problems, maintenance personnel should use safety locks on mechanical start-up devices. The occupational safety and health administration (OSHA) recommends that all businesses provide safety locks for their employees. Within the workplace, it is the responsibility of the enterprise to keep track of the systems selected for use. Safety locks are not a means of extinguishing power and can only be used when the power source is isolated.